Skip to Main Content
Find information, resources and updates pertaining to Elgin's continued response to the pandemic
I Want To...
You Are Here:
Teen Virtual Roundtable
Select a Category
Express Your Views about Elgin
Hemmens Cultural Center
Human Relations Commission
Landlord Training Program
Parks and Recreation
Security Through Surveillance
Special Events and Cultural Arts
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Sustainable Elgin Community Grant Application
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
All applications must be submitted through the electronic form found at www.cityofelgin.org/sustainability to ensure they are received and reviewed.<br><br> We are excited to review your grant proposal! The questions below will help us better understand what you want to do, why and with whom. Please be as specific as possible.
All applications must be submitted through the electronic form found at www.cityofelgin.org/sustainability to ensure they are received and reviewed.
We are excited to review your grant proposal! The questions below will help us better understand what you want to do, why and with whom. Please be as specific as possible.
Project Start Date:
Project End Date:
Applicants Community Group/Organization(s)
Organizational Mission Statement - What does your group do and why?
Website (if applicable):
Are you using a fiscal agent? If so, list that organization here:
Project Leader/Grant Contact:
Physical Address of intersection if applicable:
Does your project address any one of the City Council's Core Values and Defined Goals?
Choose <u>only one</u> of each.
Diversity and Inclusion
City of Choice
Safe and Healthy Community
High Performing Financially Stable Government
Targeted Outreach & Planning:
Identify who and how your project will reach underserved populations in your planning, marketing, or outreach process. (150-word Maximum)
1. Project Summary: Please describe your idea/project by answering the following questions. Be as specific as possible and address each question.
(100-word max each) 5 points
(100-word max each) 5 points
a. Define the community that is addressed or achieved.
b. Who will benefit from your idea/project?
c. Identify which Sustainability Commission goals this project aligns with.
2. How will your project address diversity, equity and inclusion? Demonstrate how it address 1) Access, 2) Communication, 3) Opportunities (100-word max)
3. Determination of success. How does project move Elgin towards a more sustainable community? All grantees are required to complete a project report summarizing basic impacts, such as number and demographics of people reached through the project. Who will be better off? What change will you see? How will you measure impact of your project? (100-word Max) 5 points
4. Project Budget: Show evidence of careful financial planning by completing the following proposed project budget. Only list expenses associated with your proposed project. You must provide a 50% match – it can be cash or in-kind. 3 points Total of funds requested. (Maximum $1,500).
Total Grant Requested:
Total Project Expenses
5. Applicant Match: What income or community assets will you contribute or use for this project? Please provide a brief description. (150-word maximum) 3 points
If a grant is awarded, the Applicant/Community Group/Organization agrees that:
• The project/program/activities and services for which the grant is sought will be administered under the supervision of the applicant.
• The applicant has read and will conform to the grant guidelines.
• The applicant organization will expend the grant funds received as a result of the application solely on the project and program described herein.
• Any funds received under this grant shall not be used to supplant any budgeted funds.
• The applicant organization will comply with all laws, acts and ordinances of the United States, the State of Illinois and the City of Elgin, and further fares that no person will be excluded from participation or be denied the benefits of any program, activity or service on the basis of race, sex, sexual preference, color, religion, ancestry, age national origin, or disability. The applicant further agrees to make every attempt to ensure the program is accessible to persons with disabilities.
• The figures, facts and representations in this application, including attachments, are true and correct to the best of its knowledge and belief.
• Failure to follow these guidelines will disqualify you for future grants.
• Cancellation of funded projects or programs will result in forfeiture of funds and funds must be returned within sixty (60) days of the scheduled event.
• Grants are subject to entering into an approved grant agreement with the City of Elgin and applicant’s compliance with the terms and conditions of such grant agreement.
Signature of Authorizing Official
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Agendas & Minutes
Contact the Mayor & City Council
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow