How can I get information about domestic violence?
The Elgin Police Department treats domestic violence with the same consideration as violence in other enforcement contexts. Officers combine the use of appropriate community services with enforcement of the law. Patrol officers are trained to handle problems and conflicts between family members or acquaintances. There are two Domestic Violence Case Managers available to assist victims. They are responsible for contacting all clients of domestic violence for assistance with referral information, short term counseling, informational needs and education regarding domestic violence. The Elgin police departments domestic violence case managers can be reached Monday through Friday at (847) 289-2644. At any time, the police department can be reached at (847) 289- 2700. The department works in cooperation with the Community Crisis Center, the local domestic violence shelter. The Crisis Center can be reached 24 hours a day at (847) 697-2380. Social Services

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find general information about the Elgin Police Department?
2. What happens with an abandoned vehicle?
3. What is Elgin's bicycle registration policy?
4. What do I do if I suspect there is a child abuse situation?
5. What is the Citizen's Police Academy?
6. What Community Relations/Crime Prevention programs are there?
7. What is the Crime-Free Housing Unit?
8. How can Crime Prevention help a business?
9. What does Elgin do about curfew violations?
10. How can I get information about domestic violence?
11. What is the city's door-to-door solicitor policy?
12. How do I file a drug or gang activity complaint?
13. Does Elgin charge for false alarm responses?
14. What are some home safety tips?
15. What can I do about illegally parked vehicles?
16. How do I report a missing person?
17. What happens if I receive a moving violation?
18. What is the Neighborhood Watch program?
19. What happens with reported noise violations?
20. How do I obtain a police record or report?
21. Does the city monitor overweight vehicles?
22. What information is available about parking violations?
23. What personal safety tips do you offer?
24. What are police chaplains for?
25. What information should be provided in a police emergency?
26. How may I schedule a police department tour?
27. How can I schedule a ride-along?
28. Do I need my vehicle's title and registration?
29. Does the department offer vacation house watch services?
30. Do you offer victim services?
31. Does Elgin have a women's safehouse?