The city of Elgin is pleased to announce that applications are now available for the second round of the 2014 Historic Architectural Rehabilitation grants. The deadline for the city's 50/50 and 75/25 rehabilitation grant programs is September 5, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
The Historic Architectural Rehabilitation Grant Program provides residential property owners of structures in designated historic districts with reimbursement grants of up to $20,000 for the restoration of exterior architectural features.
Since the inception of the program in 1995, the City has awarded more than 325 grants, assisting property owners with the completion of more than $6 million in rehabilitation projects.
Applications are available online and at the city of Elgin's Community Development department, located on the first floor of City Hall, 150 Dexter Court. For information or applications for any of the programs contact Amy Munro, Historic Preservation and Grants Planner for the City of Elgin at 847-931-6004.
• Reimbursement: 50% up to $20,000 maximum• Minimum total project cost to qualify: $5,000
• Project completion time: 18 months• Submission deadline: Friday, September 5, 2014, 5:00 p.m.
• Reimbursement: 75% up to $20,000 maximum• Minimum total Project cost to qualify: $2,500
• Project completion time: 18 months• Low to moderate income property owners
• Submission deadline: Friday, September 5, 2014, 5:00 p.m.
Other available residential grant programs:
Exterior Paint Program • Initial 100% grant of $2,500
• Remaining cost reimbursed at 75% up to $10,000 maximum• Paint colors are subject to review
• Low to moderate income property owners• Deadline: Funding will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. The program will end when the allotted funding has been committed or on October 1, 2014.