It is the mission of the City Clerk’s Office to manage the city’s records in an effective, courteous, and efficient manner that maintains and promotes the confidence of the citizens we serve and the other city departments that we support.
The City Clerk’s Office:
- Coordinates Freedom of Information Act responses by the city
- Maintains the official records and files of the City of Elgin
- Processes liquor license applications and renewals
- Receives volunteer applications for various Boards and Commissions positions
- Serves as the clerk to the City Council
- Serves as the local election official
Contact the Kane County Circuit Court
The Kane County Circuit Court or the Kane County Circuit Clerk's Office is separate from the City of Elgin. If you need to contact the court clerk regarding any aspect of a ticket or a court case, please call the Circuit Clerk's Office at 630-232-3413.
Birth & Death Certificates
How do I obtain a Birth Certificate?
All birth certificates are kept with the county in which you were born. You must contact that county to obtain a copy of your birth certificate.
Contact Cook County
- Contact Vital Records Information: 312-603-7790
- Suburban Cook County Offices:
- Bridgeview: 708-974-6150
- Markham: 708-210-4150
- Maywood: 708-865-6010
- Rolling Meadows: 847-818-2850
- Skokie: 847-470-7233
Contact Kane County
Kane County Clerk: 630-232-5950
How do I obtain a Death Certificate?
Please contact the corresponding county (see above).