The Lateral Assistance Program is available to assist homeowners who have to replace a deteriorated sewer service line and partially cover the cost of work done within the public right of way. Please note that as a requirement of this program, residents must:
- Contact the Elgin Utilities Department at 847-931-6150 before any work starts.
- Provide a date stamped sewer televised picture showing the affected areas.
- Provide two estimates from licensed plumbing contractors.
- Funding is provided on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability for the annually funded program.
- Eligible homeowners can be reimbursed for fifty percent (50%) of the repair costs up to a maximum of $5,000, for work that is completed in the public right of way.
Click on the link above for specific program guidelines. Residents may also call 311 for program information.