Important Family Documents
These items should be stored in a waterproof, portable container.
- Bank and credit card account numbers
- Family records to include birth, marriage and death certificates
- Inventory of valuable household goods
- Photo copies of credit and identification cards
- Photo IDs, passports, social security cards and immunization records
Other Supply Kits to Consider
In the event you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car. The kit should contain the following type of items:
- First aid supplies
- Jumper cables
- Seasonal supplies, such as ice scrapper, warm blankets, etc.
This kit should be in one container, ready to “grab and go,” in case you are evacuated from the workplace. Make sure you have food and water, as well as a comfortable pair of walking shoes in the event evacuation requires walking a long distance.