Loading



Elgin Choral Union
Creation
The Elgin Master Chorale was founded in 1947 by C. Dean Chipman, whose goal was to form a group large enough to perform Brahms' A German Requiem. It was agreed that the best way to proceed was to form a union of existing church choirs. Fifteen church choirs participated in the Choral Union, and it was incorporated as a nonprofit corporation in 1966. It has been associated with Elgin Community College since 1978. Elgin Community College is the prime sponsor of the Choral Union. For more information, visit the Elgin Master Chorale website.