Apply For ...
Alcohol Tax Return
Food Handling Permit
Seasonal Temporary Food Permit
Temporary Food Permit
Youth Scholarship Fund
Business License Renewal
Sign Up For...
ComEd Outage Alerts
Renew Business License
Report Graffiti Hotline
Alarms, Residential or Commercial
Golf Tee Times
Landlord Training Program
Parks & Recreation Programs
Serial Numbers of Valuables
Elgin Mayor's Award Nomination Form
Elgin Parks and Bike Paths
Engineering Resource Center
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Metra Chicago St. Station Area Study
Local Organizations and Resources
Refuse & Recycling Information
Planning and Zoning
Elgin's Resident Guide
Boards and Commissions
Image Advisory Commission
Elgin Image Awards
Elgin Image Awards
Each year, the city's Image Advisory Commission recognizes image-enhancing efforts from Elgin residents, businesses and organizations. The prestigious awards are available in five categories: individual professional, individual volunteer, special projects, organizations or businesses and citizenship.
to view a list of past winners.
24th Annual Image Awards
The 24th Annual Image Awards takes place on Thursday, March 17, 2016. The Image Advisory Commission awarded individuals, organizations and businesses for their hard work and dedication throughout 2015.
Winners are selected by members of the Image Advisory Commission. All nominees will be recognized and winners will be awarded at the annual Image Awards event scheduled for Thursday, March 17, 2016 at The Centre of Elgin, 100 Symphony Way. (Refreshments: 6 p.m.; Program: 7 p.m.) The event is open to the public, but please RSVP to 847-931-5598. For more information regarding the Image Awards, contact Barb Keselica, Special Events and Community Engagement Manager, at 847-531-7056 or by email at
Awards are available in five categories: individual professional; individual volunteer; projects, such as special events, fundraising projects and neighborhood improvements; organizations or businesses; and citizenship.
***Please note the categories above are used as a guide. The Image Commission reserves the right to give out awards at their discretion; therefore, awards may or may not be given out in each category.
This year's nominees:
Individual/Professional: Jeffrey R. Peirce and Tony Sanders.
Individual/Volunteer: Collin Blount, Douglas Yorke, Madeline Richmond, Mary Alice Masonick, Ron Meyer & Tim Meyer, Samuel J. Olson, and Tanner Bednar.
Organization/Business: Aktion Club of Elgin, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Program at Elgin Community College, Downtown Elgin Harvest Market, James Harvey, Left, Right and You, Martini Room, MKD Electric, The Elgin Garden Club, Elgin Civics Club and the United Way of Elgin.
Project: Elgin Area Convention of Visitor’s Bureau’s Bikes & Bites on the Fox, Downtown Neighborhood Association’s Design Committee, Elgin History Museum & Grindstone Production’s Project 2-3-1, and the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Leadership Team’s Spartan Food Pantry.
Image Awards Criteria
Criteria for the Image Awards: Applicants must demonstrate that their nominee has made a substantial contribution to the improvement of Elgin’s image. Please note the categories below are used as a guide. The Image Commission reserves the right to give out awards at their discretion. Awards may or may not be given out in each category.
– Applicants must demonstrate that their individual nominee has made a significant contribution to the improvement of Elgin’s image as a professional.
– Applicants must demonstrate that their individual nominee has made a significant contribution to the improvement of Elgin’s image as a volunteer.
– Applicants may nominate a specific community project that has helped improve Elgin’s image over the last year.
– Applicants may nominate an organization or business that has helped significantly improve Elgin’s image.
– This award is designed to recognize individuals whose outstanding activities and efforts exemplify the meaning of citizenship.
1. Previous award winners can be nominated, providing five consecutive years have lapsed since receiving an Image Award.
2. A city employee may be nominated as long as the area of nomination is outside the realm of his/her city position.
3. An organization or facility which receives city funding is eligible. The nomination must be in the name of the organization or facility.
4. Family members of commissioners are not eligible.
City of Elgin
150 Dexter Ct.
Elgin, IL 60120
• Documents & Maps
• Contact Us
• Bids Center
• Jobs Center
• Employee Access
• Contact Webmaster
• Powered by CivicPlus