The City of Elgin is committed to providing a secure Internet environment for your transactions. We have taken precautions to ensure your information is transmitted safely and securely. The level of security is achieved in part by:
- Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of the communications between your browser and our servers.
- Verifying that only authorized persons are allowed to access the online system.
- Maintaining isolation of our computers from the Internet.
- Credit card information stored in the C2G electronic “billfold” is highly encrypted.
- Offering 128-bit encryption that protects your information as it is sent across the Internet.
We chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
We strongly urge you to use a browser that supports a level of 128-bit encryption for your security. Versions 4.0 or greater of Netscape and Microsoft Internet Explorer will support this level of security. If you use a different browser, verify that it supports this level of encryption for your security and confidence.