We want to hear from you!
We want to know about your priorities for the 2020 budget and your thoughts on how the City is managing its finances on your behalf. Your input will help inform the development of the final budget, scheduled to be presented to Council in mid-December. Here are some ways you can get involved:
Budget Meeting Schedule
Join us for the 2020 budget discussion meetings at City Hall Council Chambers on the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 6 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday November 20 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 18 at 6 p.m.
"Budget On-the-Go" Schedule
“Budget On-the-Go” is series of informal meetings where you can hear from City staff, tell us what’s important to you and ask questions about how Elgin invests its money each year. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or in the evening. Find a time, date and location that works for you.
- Tuesday, November 12, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. "Budget & Brews" at Paul’s Family Restaurant, 1300 Lawrence Avenue, Elgin. ***Coffee provided
- Thursday, November 21, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. "Budget & Brews" at Lounge 51, Dream Hall, 51 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin. ***Coffee provided
- Tuesday, December 3, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. "Let's Taco 'Bout the Budget" at The Haight, 166 Symphony Way, Elgin. ***Tacos provided
Click here to view the City's proposed 2020 budget.